Everything about your website – including the content, the way it looks, and the way it works – is determined by the website design. Web design is a process of conceptualizing, planning, and building a collection of electronic files that determine the layout, colors, text styles, structure, graphics, images, and use of interactive features that deliver pages to your site visitors. Professional Web design helps to make your business appear credible online.
When you’re ready to build a website, you have several options. If you are not familiar with HTML programming language and Web design applications, there are a number of other options for creating your Web design:
- Hire a professional website design expert to create and build a unique Web site. (like us!)
- Create your own website design using off-the-shelf software such as FrontPage® or Dreamweaver®. (These software packages do require technical expertise.)
- Use online website design tools with pre-set and/or customizable Web design templates to customize with your company colors, graphics and text.
The degree of customization included in your website design will determine the speed and cost of getting your site up and running.
How Can Professional Web Design Help My Online Business?
As important as having a great domain name, professional web design can help you:
- Satisfy customers. Professional Web design meets the needs of your visitors – telling them quickly what they want to know without unnecessary and confusing design items. Making sure the navigation in your Web site design is predictable, consistent and easy to understand will help build a positive relationship with your visitors.
- Attract search engines. No matter how appealing your Web site design looks, it won’t show up on the search engine results pages if it’s not coded in a way that the search engines can read.
- Avoid technical glitches. It doesn’t take much to turn a customer away. Lengthy loading times, broken links and dropped images are just a few of the web design issues that can be remedied by a professional Web design service.
By reaching out to customers and search engines alike, Web site design serves an important dual purpose that has a great impact on your online sales.